Thursday, June 19, 2008

Green Garlic Stems Chutney

In the early summer months, I walk into the Saturday market with one question in mind...am I going to see the beautiful green garlic stalks...My mom taught me to make a chutney with it...Its available only couple months a year, so wondering if I can freeze this and use all year round...
Its kinda spicy and the whole family loves it - barring our little one.

Here's the recipe - Do try it...after all garlic is really good for you ;)

Green Garlic Stems 8 - 10
Green Chillies - 2
1 handful Cilantro leaves
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 cup dry/ wet grated coconut
Salt 1 tsp
LEmon - 1/2 squeezed
Plain yoghurt - 1/2 cup

Grind all the ingredients - enjoy with your lunch ...or use it as a spread on your sandwiches....

2 comments:

GKJ said...

glad to read a nice and quick recipe after a long time :)

Nis said...

OMG....I didn't know we get green garlic stems here....yummmm!!!! Used to love this back home....will have to hunt for them next spring :)