Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Aloo - Surti Papdi Vegetable

Tanvi, comes to me many times and ask "Ah doing, Mamma". I guess its her way of asking me what I am upto. I found asking myself the same question...with respect to this Blog. I started off with ideas to feed kids...but as I continue my experimentation to modify recipes and make them kid friendly, I end up thinking "Oh this is a great recipe for adults too". And so I think my quest is to find easy recipes that are kid friendly and one can make even with a busy lifestyle...This intent is more convincing to me and helps a wider audience if you will.....

With that thought in mind, try this Aloo - Surti Papdi Vegetable I made one day, when I was experimenting. I loved the flavor the Papdi imparts to the gravy....

Recipe:
Potatoes 3-4 peeled and cubed
Surti Papdi Whole about 3 cups (Frozen)
Tomatoes 3 chopped fine
Oil 1 tbsp
Jeera 1 tsp
Hing 2 pinches
Dhania Powder - 1.5 tsp
Salt 1.5 tsp or as needed
Haldi - 1/8 tsp
Chilli Powder - 1/4 - 1/2 tsp depending on spice level.
2 cups water

Heat Oil, add jeera, hing and saute tomatoes in a pressure pan until cooked. Add chilli powder, haldi (turmeric) and dhania powder..saute, add potatoes , surti papdi , water and pressure cook for 2 whistles. Top with Coriander leaves and serve hot with Roti / Rice.
This vegetable stores when refridgerated for next day!

Enjoy!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Radhika,

Thanks for such a wonderful n easy to make recipe... I'm gonna try it today.

Keep posting new one...

Pallavi.

Jonnie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jonnie said...

What is a surti papdi ?